Not all adults are comfortable sporting traditional metal braces, so at Didsbury Smiles Dental we offer a solution called Invisalign® clear aligners. With this incredible service, you can get straighter teeth without metal braces! Read on to learn more.
What is Invisalign® treatment?
Invisalign® treatment uses sets of clear, custom designed mouth pieces made from Smart Track® plastic that easily slips over your teeth. If you have mild to moderately crowded teeth or have some spacing issues, then Invisalign® clear aligners can be your best choice.
*Please note: Not all dentists provide this services. A dentist must go through specific training in order to become certified to provide Invisalign® treatment. Make sure you visit a dentist who is certified to provide Invisalign® treatment to get the best results!
What are the benefits of Invisalign® clear aligners?
- The aligners are nearly invisible, so it is not as noticeable as metal braces when you smile.
- They move your teeth to the desired position incrementally without the use of wires.
- Trays are easily removable, allowing you to maintain routine brushing and flossing habits.
- The process is non-invasive.
- They can be used to adjust your bite if you have an overbite or crossbite.
- Invisalign® clear aligners can be used for teenagers and adults.
What to expect with Invisalign® treatment:
- In the first appointment, we will use an iTero ® intraoral scanner as well as digital photos
- and/or radiographs to diagnose and treatment plan for your teeth.
- The digital scan is sent to Align Technology so that your Invisalign® provider can collaborate with Align Technology to treatment plan your case.
- A custom set of Invisalign ® aligners will be fabricated for you.
- You wear the trays for a minimum of 20-22 hours daily.
- You return to Didsbury Smiles Dental for regularly scheduled assessments every few to several weeks to review your Invisalign treatment progress and receive the next set of aligners.
- Depending on which Invislaign® treatment plan was decided between you and your Invisalign® Provider, refinements may be necessary to achieve the final result.
- You will wear retainers after you are finished your Invisalign treatment, called Vivera® to help maintain the new position of your smile. These retainers are custom fit for you and can be paired with a metal wire on the tongue surface of your top or bottom front teeth to help prevent relapse to your previous smile.
Get the help you need
Now, if you are considering getting Invisalign® treatment and looking for an Invisalign® provider in Didsbury, AB, then visit us at Didsbury Smiles Dental. We can help you achieve a straighter smile with Invisalign ® clear aligners at an affordable cost. You can call us for an appointment or book online.
Invisalign®, the Invisalign logo, and iTero®, among others, are trademarks and/or service marks of Align Technology, Inc. or one of its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and may be registered in the U.S. and/or other countries.