INNISFAIL - An Olds woman is facing dozens of Criminal Code charges after Mounties pursued a suspicious stolen truck in Innisfail.
Innisfail RCMP Sgt. Lori Eiler said local Mounties observed the suspicious vehicle in town on May 10. She said RCMP attempted to stop the truck but the driver, the lone occupant, fled the scene.
However, RCMP eventually located the stolen truck in a rural area and attempted to apprehend the driver, said Eiler.
She said local police ultimately arrested the driver later in the day with the assistance of RCMP Police Dog Services and members of the public.
Starr Bowman, 32, of Olds, has been charged with:
• flight from a peace officer
• dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
• two counts of mischief under $5,000
• possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000
• eight counts of possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000
• three counts of possession of break-in instruments
• eight counts of possessing government documents
• 49 counts of failing to comply with a release order
• breach of probation
• several provincial offences.
Bowman was brought before a justice of the peace and is to appear in Red Deer provincial court on May 12.
If any citizen has information about any criminal activity, they are asked to contact the Innisfail RCMP detachment at 403-227-3341 or call a local police service. If citizens wish to remain anonymous you can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at www.P3Tips.com