Skip to content

Prolific offender from Sundre faces fresh slew of charges

Daniel Conway, of Sundre, was sentenced just this past January for assaulting peace officer
MVT stock Sundre RCMP sign
The Sundre RCMP detachment reported that it responded on Friday, March 25 to a complaint about a local man making threats toward another local individual. File photo/MVP Staff

SUNDRE — A Sundre-area man who was sentenced earlier in the new year over assaulting a peace officer was recently apprehended once again and subsequently charged after allegedly uttering threats.

The Sundre RCMP detachment reported that it responded on Friday, March 25 to a complaint about a local man making threats toward another local individual.

Mounties conducted an investigation and proceeded to place under arrest the suspect who was alleged to have made threats, while police also interviewed witnesses as well as the victim, the Sundre RCMP reported in a press release dated Monday, March 28.

During the course of the investigation, information surfaced about the location of a vehicle that was stolen from a business in Sundre on Sunday, March 13, so police applied for a search warrant that was later granted.

“As a result of the warrant, the stolen pickup truck was recovered along with a stolen acetylene torch and various stolen tools,” police said.

In combination with existing history, the investigation resulted in the arrest of Daniel Conway.

The 26-year-old was charged with the following Criminal Code offences: three counts of uttering threats, eight counts of failing to comply with a probation order, one count of possession of stolen property less than $5,000, one count of assault with a weapon, and one count of intimidation. He was also charged under the Traffic Safety Act of one count of driving while unauthorized as well as one count of stunting.

Conway was released by a justice of the peace on a $300 cash bail, but remained in custody as of Monday, March 28 on a warrant of committal pending payment.

Earlier this year, Conway was sentenced over charges previously laid in connection with assaulting a peace officer.

“We have been checking his curfew a lot and he has been good up until the beginning of March,” said Sgt. Trent Sperlie, the Sundre RCMP detachment’s commander.



Simon Ducatel

About the Author: Simon Ducatel

Simon Ducatel joined Mountain View Publishing in 2015 after working for the Vulcan Advocate since 2007, and graduated among the top of his class from the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology's journalism program in 2006.
Read more



Comments