Skip to content

Minto Street upgrade approved

Road reconstruction project to begin in July
WEB Penhold Minto Street
A block-long road reconstruction project on Minto Street has been approved by Penhold council and will begin in July. Johnnie Bachusky/MVP Staff

PENHOLD – The town has awarded a contract for an important road reconstruction project that will cost just over $800,000.

At council’s regular meeting on May 25, Red Deer’s Border Paving was approved for the $802,015 project on Minto Street. The project includes the construction of a service road and parking area. Construction is expected to begin in July and be completed by the end of September.

Mayor Mike Yargeau said the project was conceived last year after the town had engineers take road samples to check the condition of local infrastructure. It was determined a one-block long area of Minto Street from Fleming to Robinson avenues was in need of reconstruction and upgrading.

"For over a year we have been looking into this and we got the funds with an MSI allotment (provincial funding) this year and we are going ahead with it," said Yargeau.

He added the Minto Street reconstruction project was a priority as the road is one of Penhold’s busiest streets.

“It just gets used a lot,” said Yargeau of Minto Street, adding it is connector into the older side of the community. “This is just a regular routine maintenance we need to do on it.”





Comments