MOUNTAIN VIEW COUNTY – County council has approved two re-designations, one in Division 1 and the other in Division 4.
The approvals came following public hearings during a recent regularly scheduled council meeting.
One re-designation is for 10 acres from agricultural district to residential farmstead district in the Midway rural community, approximately 13.5 miles southeast of the town of Carstairs, at SW 36-29-28-4.
The re-designation is being made to subdivide a first parcel out that is within a previously unsubdivided quarter section.
“The existing direct access from Highway 791 has been approved in principle by Alberta Transportation subject to a 20-metre service road right-of-way by caveat, which will be dealt with at the subdivision stage,” administration said in a briefing note to council.
The proposed area is the northwest area of the subject quarter, consisting of approximately 10 acres. This area consists of a developed yard that is serviced by means of water well and private septic system and exhibits the following characteristics:
• Northwest area contained the dwelling unit with a detached garage, a machine shed and a wood grain bin and services. This area is closed in by mature trees and provides direct access of Highway 791.
• Northeast area contains a calf shed and is the location of the septic pump out. This area is open and has been grazed and used as pastureland.
Council also gave first reading to several other proposed re-designations:
• One involves a 54-acre parcel from agricultural district to agricultural district 2 in the Hainstock area northwest of Olds, at NW 27-33-3-5. The public hearing date was Jan. 8.
• The second involves a re-designation from agricultural district to country residential in the Hainstock area, at NW 23-33-2-5. The public hearing date was Jan. 8.
• The third involves a 63-acre parcel from agricultural district to agricultural district 2 in the McDougal Flats area at NE 10-33-6-5. The public hearing date is Jan. 29.
• The fourth involves a six-acre parcel re-designation from agricultural district to residential farmstead in the Westcott rural community west of Didsbury, at NE 10-31-3-5. The public hearing date was Jan. 8.