Election sign locations approved
Council amended the policy manual on where to post election signs. Signs can be placed on private property as long as they don't block the view or be confused with any authorized traffic sign, signal or device or pose a hazard to traffic.
Pre-determined locations where signs can be placed in public include:
• The south side of 50 Street, east of 60 Avenue
• The south side of 42 Street, east of 60 Avenue
• The east side of 52 Avenue, south of Woodland Road
• The north side of 54 Street, east of 49 Avenue
• The west side of Lakewood Drive, south of 56 Street
• The intersection of 50 Street and Highway 2A on the southwest corner
• The east side of 52 Avenue, south of 42 Street
All election signs on public and private property must be removed within 48 hours of the closing of polling stations.
Land use bylaw gets first reading
Council passed first reading to amend the land use bylaw listing of discretionary uses in the highway commercial district by adding child-care facilities and commercial schools as additional discretionary uses. The planning and development department received an application for a proposed daycare and early learning centre in the district. A public hearing date has been set for Monday, April 23 at 7 p.m. in council chambers.